Sunday, July 3, 2011
Things You Should Know About Google+
Google Plus is a very hot topic now, but reading about it can seen confusing and complicated. Here are twelve things you should know about Google Plus if you're thinking of angling for an invitation:.
1. A member must invite you to join Google Plus.
2. The "Sparks' feature finds videos and news items it thinks you'll like, so you'll always have something to watch or read.
3, Hangouts is basically group video chat.
4.Instand uploads automatically uploads pictures from your camera when you take them, and stores them in a private part of the cloud.
5. Huddle is like group chat.
6. The Stream is the Google Plus version of the Facebook news feed.
7. You can "reshare" posts that others make, like retweets.
8. You can "mute" a post to stop getting updates about it, so you don't get messages about hundreds of comments, for instance.
9. When you join Google Plus, you automatically join Picasa Web Albums, so any photos and videos you upload will also be added to Picasa.
10. You can add friends very quickly on Google Plus. Some members already have over 1,000.
11. China has already banned Google Plus.
12. People are listing invitations on Ebay.